Monday, January 29, 2007

Going home - Jan 29, 2007

The Chinese Spring Festival is coming soon. It will take about three and a half hours from Zhongshan city to my hometown, it depends on which way the coach take. And I try to use the Google Earth today although I have knew it for a long time. The Google Earth is difference with the Google Maps, you need to download the client programs to run the Google Earth, that's the reason why I try this until today too.

OK, following is the instruction which takes you to my hometown, if you're a Martian, because the first step is the view of the Earth. (You can click on the photo to view the original size.)

A. Of course, this is the view from the virtual space. And the China is pretty beautiful, isn't it? This is my country.

B. This is a photo with some city's name. Be inform that it should contain the South China Sea and the islands.

C. Can you see the pin on the map? I use this pin to show you the probable place where my hometown located.


D. Guangdong province.

E. This is taken from some angle view snap. This is Pearl River Delta in Guangdong Province, you can also see the Hong Kong and Macau. And, and, there is Heyuan marker on the top right-hand corner, get it?


F. Now here is Heyuan City. The Linjiang Town is under the Heyuan Town, and also is smaller. The Dongjiang River go through the Heyuan City and pass by the Linjiang Town, and that's how the name of Linjiang came from.


G. Fortunately, I can scan Heyuan City with Google Earth, I can't get the pictures just beside the Heyuan city area, such as Shaoguan City etc. I don't know why this happen, maybe there are some military affairs in those area. Anyway, I just want my hometown, right?

H. After leave the thruway from the South Toll Station of Heyuan City, it will take only 5 minutes before you arrive at the Linjiang Town. The Linjiang Bridge had been set up in the year 2004, which can be seen through the windows of my room.

I. Here is the point. Tommy's home! Just on the Linjiang Street, my dad own the book store.

Well, everyone, I believe that's enough to guide you to come to my home, even if you're Martian. Welcome.

And you can click "Read more..." for something which are more meaningful to me.

Thank you for your click. Following are the pictures of my birthplace. I wouldn't tell you the exact direction of it, I wish we can play a game, open your Google Earth, and find out where it is. Here is the tips: it's about 25 kilometer from the Linjiang Town and on the same side of the Dongjiang River.


Aha, this is my birthplace.

Well, I just don't realized there are number of latitude and the longitude on the pictures until now. So, the game is over.

In the end, you can visit here for all the pictures.


Going home - Jan 29, 2007

0 comments:

 
Blogger Template Layout Design by [ METAMUSE ] : Code Name Gadget 1.1
Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
Some Copyright ©2005-2007 shuiziliu@gmail.com